What does Nutrition Counseling/Medical Nutrition Therapy Look Like at OakStone Health and Nutrition?
- Use nutrition assessments (ie: lab values, anthropometrics, diet history, medical history, etc.) to identify and/or diagnose nutritional problems.
- Use medical nutrition therapy to provide nutrition interventions (possibly eligible for insurance reimbursements)
- Provide nutrition counseling services that are individualized to each client’s needs and health goals.
- Develop personalized meal plans and prescribe medical diets for patients with special dietary needs (ie: diabetes, heart disease, food allergies, food intolerances, etc.).
- Provide resources and tools for clients to use to make informed decisions about their own eating habits that can improve their health.
- Counsel clients to meet weight management and disease management goals.
OakStone Health and Nutrition Can Help Clients Who Need Help With…
- Diabetes Management
- Obesity and Weight Management
- Heart Disease Management
- Intuitive Eating Practices
- Portion Control
- Meal Planning
- Nutrition Facts Label Reading
- Dietary alternatives for food allergies and intolerances
Schedule Your Appointment and Make the Commitment to Improve Your Health!
Your insurance may cover your nutrition counseling session!
If you have been wanting to improve your nutrition habits, but haven’t been able to find the right nutrition plan that works for you and your lifestyle needs – why not check with your insurance to see how many visits they would cover?
Start by calling the 800 number on the back of your insurance card and ask to speak with a representative. Click the button below to go through the steps to see if your insurance will cover the cost of your nutrition counseling for your visit with Samantha the Dietitian!