What does Nutrition Counseling/Medical Nutrition Therapy Look Like at OakStone Health and Nutrition?
- Use nutrition assessments (ie: lab values, anthropometrics, diet history, medical history, etc.) to identify and/or diagnose nutritional problems.
- Use medical nutrition therapy to provide nutrition interventions (possibly eligible for insurance reimbursements)
- Provide nutrition counseling services that are individualized to each client’s needs and health goals.
- Develop personalized meal plans and prescribe medical diets for patients with special dietary needs (ie: diabetes, heart disease, food allergies, food intolerances, etc.).
- Provide resources and tools for clients to use to make informed decisions about their own eating habits that can improve their health.
- Counsel clients to meet weight management and disease management goals.
OakStone Health and Nutrition Can Help Clients Who Need Help With…
- Diabetes Management
- Obesity and Weight Management
- Heart Disease Management
- Intuitive Eating Practices
- Portion Control
- Meal Planning
- Nutrition Facts Label Reading
- Dietary alternatives for food allergies and intolerances